A variety of the finest accommodations are offered at the Beech Tree Inn and Cottage in Newport, RI. Our guest rooms are located in two buildings and cater to every taste.
Our comfortable boutique hotel rooms are beautifully appointed with an eclectic collection of well thought out decor. Many of our guestrooms feature gas fireplaces, jacuzzis and balconies.
The sophisticated coastal ambiance and upscale amenities create a cozy retreat just a strolling distance to downtown Newport, with its tempting shops and cafés.
We love pets!
We offer a special room for fellow pet lovers...but not everyone enjoys pets like we do, so here's a list of "house rules for pet guests".
House rules for pet guests...
- Call to reserve a special pet room (401) 847-9794. Only $25 per day per pet for extra cleaning. Pet owner is responsible for costs if damage occurs.
- For everyone's safety, keep your pet on a leash when outside - some folks are scared of animals.
- Please pick up after your pet - we have extra plastic baggies!
- We do not offer a room refresh to pet rooms - we've learned from experience how territorial pets are. Ouch.
- Recommend you bring along a crate or carrier if you plan on leaving your pet in the room while you're out on the town.
- Leave us your cell phone number - we must be able to contact you if your pet is barking or crying or scratching when you're gone.
- Sorry, no pets at breakfast or at inside common areas - pet etiquette stipulates respect for other guests.
- Pets must have current vaccinations.
- We rarely have problems, but want to be clear - we will ask you to leave if there is any major misbehaving that impacts other guests. Mostly we find that pets who are accustomed to travel behave better than people! hee hee
- We ask each guest with a pet to understand & agree to these house rules.
Best Rate Guarantee
Simply call us at (401) 847-9794 and we guarantee you the lowest room rate. Not only that, but we'll also give you free room upgrade when one is available at the time of check-in.
Psst…Pay attention to this!
- For our Best Rate Guarantee, the lower rate must be available on a third-party website at the time of booking for the same reservation days.
- Best Rate Guarantee Reservations are subject to the Beech Tree Inn and Cottage’s policies (no exception).
- Best Rate Guarantee is only measured in US currency and is not subject to rounding to the nearest dollar.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Due to our intimate size, cancellations affect us significantly; So, we strictly adhere to our policies regardless of the reason. If cancellation is a possibility, we suggest the purchase of travel insurance. For insurance information please visit www.insuremytrip.com.
- If you do not check-in on the date of your reservation or depart before your scheduled date, you will be charged for the entirety of your stay.
- Changes or cancellations received less than 2 days prior to the arrival date- guests will be responsible for the amount of the entire reservation.
- Changes or cancellations received less than 16 days prior to the arrival date- a Gift Certificate will be issued for the amount of the entire reservation less a $50 processing fee.
- Cancellations received more than 16 days prior to the arrival date- a refund will be issued less a $50 processing fee.
- Only a one-time change (including shortening a reservation) is permitted if received more than 16 days prior to the arrival date. Changes are subject to availability and minimum stay restrictions. There is a $50 fee for this change and your deposit becomes non-refundable.
We realize that cancellations are often beyond your personal control. For this reason, we recommend purchasing travel insurance for just a few dollars and peace of mind. Beech Tree Inn and Cottage will be happy to supply your travel insurance company with any needed documentation regarding our policy and your reservation. For insurance information please visit www.insuremytrip.com.
Rates as shown or quoted over the phone are based on per night double occupancy and are subject to Rhode Island’s 7% sales tax and 6% lodging tax. Availability and rates for specific dates can be viewed by clicking on the “Book Online” link.
For a multiple night stay, a deposit of half of the total charges is due at the time of booking. For a one night stay, the full amount is due as a deposit. If you want to use a gift certificate, please call the inn directly. Advanced deposits cannot be credited back to cover gift certificates.
Third Party Gift Cards, AAA and Loyalty Discounts
Please let us know at time of booking if you are planning to redeem a third party gift card (bedandbreakfast.com, etc…), AAA discount or a loyalty discount travel card from Select Registry. Blackout dates will often apply to festivals, holidays and special event periods for use of these gift cards and travel discounts, as these represent discounted room rates for us. Any 3rd party gift cards cannot be used for reservations already discounted or with special offers; and are not valid for holiday or special events.
All rooms have a queen or king sized bed and can accommodate up to two persons. Two additional people may be accommodated in some rooms, for an additional charge of $50 per person/per night. For assistance with making a reservation for three or four people, please give us a call.
Check-in and Check-out Times
Check-in is between 3:00 and 8:00 pm, unless prior arrangements have been made. If you arrive later, we will charge the balance to the credit card on file and put your keys with instructions to your room in the front foyer. We are always available by cellphone at 401-847-9794, so don't hesitate to call or text if needed. Check-out time is 11:00 am.
Pets (Call the inn directly)
Well behaved pets are accepted with prior arrangements. Specific rooms are assigned for pets and we apply a pet fee of $25 per pet per day. Although we are pet friendly, we do not allow pets in the breakfast room.
Please view our We Love Pets page for all of our policies and lots of stuff you can do with your pet.
The Beech Tree Inn and Cottage offers one complimentary parking space per room from 3pm on check-in day until 1pm on check-out day.
We are a Smoke-Free Hotel
There is no smoking of any type (including e-cigarettes) allowed inside the buildings. Smoking is allowed outside at designated areas. The inn reserves the right to charge the credit card on file $250 fee to cover the cost of deep cleaning and/or replacing upholstered furniture, window treatments, rugs and bedding if it is determined that a guest has violated the inn’s policy.
- Children Accepted with prior arrangements.
- While accidents do happen, guests will be financially responsible for damage due to negligence.
- High season in Newport is typically May-Nov and low (quiet) season is Dec-Apr.
- 2-night and 3-night minimum stays apply for weekends with some exceptions
- We refresh your room daily before 2pm. We will not refresh your room if you place the “Do Not Disturb” door hanger on your door or you have an unattended pet in your room.
- You can apply ONE Gift Certificate per reservation.
- There is no refund for a balance left on a Gift Certificate.